Saturday, September 6, 2008

Devotional of the Week September 7-13

Hosea 11: 1-4

" When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images. I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them. I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them."

God has done so much for so many of us, and yet we take His love for granted! No matter how much He does for us, it always seems as if it is not enough. Man is always dissatisfied with the provisions of our Creator, and it seems that we are hard to please. We depise the every day miracles of God, and keep demanding greater and greater miracles every day, as if it is our right to demand from God what we want Him to do for us. Herein lies the unhappiness of life which traps so many of us. We are unhappy not because life is tough, but because we do not recognize the love and care that God has for us. We tend to focus on our problems and on what we do not have, instead of on what God has done for us and what He has given to us. Let us therefore cease from complaining, and begin thanking and praising God.

No comments: