Saturday, October 11, 2008

Devotional of the Week October 12-18

Galatians 1: 11-24

"But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: and profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the tradition of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: neither went I up to Jerusalem to them who were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; and was unknown by face unto the churches of Judea which were in Christ: But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. And they glorified God in me."

The power of a changed life is the greatest testimony of the power of God. The apostle Paul was a fierce opposer and persecuter of the Christians, but through the power of God and his 'Damascus experience,' Paul became the greatest and foremost evangelist to the Gentile world.

God is reaching out to those of us who are seeking a spiritual makeover in Him. Are you struggling with bad habits that you just cannot break? Are you struggling with addictions and obsessions? You have tried everything, and have gone through those '12-step programs,' attended group meetings, support groups, and seen shrinks and counsellors. Nothing is working for you. You find that you cannot change yourself, no matter how hard you try. Sheer will power is weak in breaking the strongholds in your life.

Today there is hope. Hope in the God of changed lives. He will turn your life around and change your circumstances. He will give you the power to break even the most strongest addictions. All you have to do is submit your life to Him, and put your trust in His power to change.

No comments: