Sunday, December 21, 2008

Devotional of the Week December 21-27

Psalm 51: 10-19

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from they presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach trangressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar."

God is not impressed with our money! You cannot buy God's favor by donating or giving large sums of money to His church or other ministries, while hiding behind a heart of sin. Seek cleansing for your sin first. Repent and turn away from doing wrong; then God will reward you with His blessings when you do give to His cause.

No comments: