Sunday, March 1, 2009

Devotional of the Week March 1-7

John 10:11-18

"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. Therefore doth my Fahter love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

Our choice of leadership, whether political, religious, social, or business is one of the most important life choices we can make, as our choice of leaders determine to a large extent the direction our lives. Simply speaking, good leaders will lead down right paths and poor leaders will lead us down wrong paths. A good leader takes his/her responsiblities seriously, and treats his/her followers with the utmost love and care, and is willing to make sacrifices for his/her followers. On the other hand, a bad leader will do okay when things are good, but when tough choices have to be made, that leader usually bails out, and leaves his/her followers on their own to fend for themselves. What kind of leader are you? What kind of leader have you chosen to follow? Are you being led by someone who is willing to stick with you through times of crisis? Or are you being led by someone who is fun to be around with during the good times, but who deserts you when times are hard? Think about it.

No comments: