Saturday, March 7, 2009

Devotional of the Week March 8-14

Psalm 25:11-22

"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great. What man is he that feareth the LORD? Him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth. The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net. Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me, for I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring all my sins. Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred. O keep my soul, deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust thee. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee. Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles."

We love to pat ourselves on the back and say how good we are. The fact of the matter is however, is that none of us are as good as we think we are. Surprise! We all have sin. We have all done or thought something wrong. It is therefore time for us to be honest with ourselves and to God, because while we may fool others, we can never fool God. It is when we open up in honesty before God that we can have freedom from fear, regardless of what is happening around us or to us. We can trust Him, knowing that He will keep us safe in His hands.


No comments: