Sunday, February 1, 2009

Devotional of the Week February 1-7

Psam 51: 1-9

"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my trangressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold I was shapen in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities."

King David knew what it was to sin and then ask for forgiveness. If David, a king could ask for forgiveness, how about us? What wrongs have we done in which we need forgiveness? No matter what we have done, we can be assured that God is ready and willing to forgive, once we come with a truly repentant heart.

No comments: