Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Antidote to Stress

Mostly recently I have been feeling quite stressed out. In the last couple of weeks, I have lost some of my calm and balanced demeanor, and am filled with a sense of impending changes that tend to negativity. Honestly, I do not think it has anything to do with me personally. Nothing in my life has changed for the worse, and everything is still good - but I just can't shake that feeling...

I guess I'm not the only one feeling this way. It is quite difficult to keep positive these days. Everytime one turns on the TV or radio, one is beseiged with an excessive amount of negative reporting. One solution would be to just turn it all off and ignore it, but that would not a good course of action, as what goes on the world DOES affects us, whether we know it or not. Maybe this is God's way of making me face certain situations and getting more involved. Maybe there is a need right now for me to take my message further.

Sometimes I feel as if humanity right now is just falling into an abyss of hopelessness, and that we are all just stabbing in the dark. I believe however that the time has come for a clearer direction, as people are searching for the light and cannot find it. I believe the time has come for us to focus on what is really true and meaningful, and put our hopes in the things that will last for all eternity. Let us then not get bogged down with the cares of this world, which produces STRESS, but instead fill our minds with good and positive things, and open our hearts to receive the love of God. We need to learn how to deal with our problems in a positive way, instead of indulging in negativity.

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Phillipians 4:4-8)

1 comment:

Daughter of Wisdom said...

Let me do a short post on this.