Saturday, August 29, 2009

Music That's Good for the Soul

I've been listening to a lot of music lately, and scripture on CD. These days I am filling my mind with the things of God more than ever. In the morning, I put on Christian radio and listen to uplifting music while I get ready for work. In the car, more Christian music. During lunch I chill out with hot aromatic teas, and take a short walk outside to get some of those beneficial rays of the sun. In the evening, I put on my scripture CDs, and on weekends I relax with nature CDs. It's all about uplifting the soul beyond the mundane. It's about staying above and beyond the fray. It's about being thankful to God for all His benefits and the good things He has given to us to enjoy.

4 comments:

Anita C. McCants said...

Yes, you get it Hillary.
And happy are those
who get it. :~)

Anita

Daughter of Wisdom said...

Thanks again Anita. I feel it is better to stay focused on God and think upon Him, than focus on the negativity which is so overwhelming these days.

Peace and blessings :-)

Hillary

Jennie said...

That's something I need to remember, to keep my eyes on Him and think on 'whatsoever things are lovely' etc.
And not to worry about tomorrow 'because each day has enough trouble of its own' to paraphrase what Jesus said.
Hillary do you have any recommendations of good music? We seem to keep listening to the same things all the time, because I don't have much time to browse through music selections lately.

Daughter of Wisdom said...

Jennie,

So good to have you here visiting me on my blog! I love music and I see that you do too. I think a good place to start is on the internet. On the internet you can listen to music and purchase what you like, all in the convenience of your own home. Personally, I have not used any of those music download sites, but if I hear a song on the radio that I like, I would go to Amazon.com and try to locate it there, and purchase it. I also go to you-tube to hear old favorites as well.

Maybe someone more versed on internet music downloads would be better able to help you with this more than I can.:-)

Peace and blessings.