Sunday, April 19, 2009

Devotional of the Week April 19-25

John 14: 8-14

"Phillip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Phillip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew me the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall be he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."

Jesus had a very close relationship with God the Father. As a matter of fact, the two were inseparable, because they both of one and the same Almighty God. This is a curious and a unique aspect of Chrisitianity that causes others to question our ideas of monotheism; but let me say, that God really consists of three persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Father lives inside of Christ, and Christ lives inside of the Father. Ah, the mystery of godliness!

Jesus is saying to us today that if we believe in Him, we will have access to the same godly powers that He had while on earth! Whatever we ask in Jesus' name, pertaining to godliness, God will grant to us. That is the promise of Jesus to all believers. When was the last time you tapped into your godly powers?

No comments: