Sunday, June 21, 2009

Devotional of the Week June 21-27

Exodus 15: 1-2

"Then sang Moses, and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him."

Nothing is too difficult or hard for God because we serve a great and mighty God. He is bigger than all our problems combined. He is greater and stronger than even the most powerful persons here on earth, past, present, and future. No weapon that is created to destroy His children will succeed. We can rest confidently in Him, knowing that He has us in His care. He is our strength, and we trust in Him.

Today is Father's Day. I would like to wish all dads a peaceful and happy day. Our earthly fathers are the ones God has placed on earth to be the ones to protect and serve the family. God is our strength, yet He works through fathers to bring about His will.

I just want to say, "Thank you" to my dad for taking care of me, and protecting me as I was growing up. Having a father meant not worrying about the dangers that are ever present in the world. As a child, I always felt safe, knowing I had a father.

No comments: